Two months of struggle. Giving it 200%
For more than two months of war, the 100% Life team has continued to work on all front lines, procure and deliver medicines ordered by the Medical Procurement SE, attract new donor funds to help Ukrainian patients, and implement a crowdfunding campaign.
The 100% Life units continue to operate in all regions of Ukraine, where the operations are possible, and provide support to HIV patients and HIV vulnerable groups.
Over UAH 25 million of additional funds were attracted within two months. These funds were used to purchase medicines and medical products, portable generators, gasoline, food, and to equip the Rivne Medical Center of 100% Life:
- More than 90,000 HIV patients have been provided with antiretroviral therapy for the six months to come! In April, the 100% Life team delivered 146,640 packages of TLD (Tenofovir + Lamivudine + Dolutegravir) to all regions of Ukraine. The supply of medicines is supported by the PEPFAR program.
- UAH 8,630,000 was allocated to purchase goods for refugees and defenders of Ukraine. These were food, building materials and 108,000 packages of various goods.
- UAH 5,156,000 was allocated for the procurement of medicines for patients with other medical conditions.
- 21 portable generators were delivered to territorial communities of Kyiv, Kharkiv and Chernihiv oblasts, which were left without electricity and communication as a result of the hostilities. Assistance was possible with the assistance of People in Need, a Czech NGO, which provided UAH 207,430 in funding.
- Portable generators and gasoline purchased for EUR 130,000 were received by the 100% Life regional offices in Cherkasy, Chernihiv, Rivne, Kharkiv and territorial communities of Kyiv region, particularly, Rykhta, Hlibovka, Dymer, Kamianske, Katyuzhanka, Bohdany, Bylyala, Rytni and others. This was made possible with the assistance of the European Union Anti-Corruption Initiative (EUACI), with the support of the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs (DMFA)
- 840 packages of Humira, worth more than UAH 6.6 million, were received by 100% Life as a donation from AbbVie. This allowed providing life-saving treatment for more than 700 children and adults with immuno-inflammatory diseases. The assistance would not have been possible without our partners –Patients of Ukraine and the Joy of Movement NGO, a Ukrainian Association of Parents and Children with Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis, who contacted literally every patient to find out their needs for drugs.
- 100% Life purchased medicines for UAH 1 millionto deliver to regional hospitals and blood services, in the second month of the war
- UAH 286,454 was spent on purchasing clothes and uniformsfor territorial defense members.
- UAH 56,000 was allocated for the purchase of food, including for children with celiac disease.
- Owing to the support of CEO Club Ukraine for the Medical Center of 100% Life in Rivne, the purchases included a colposcope, a fetal monitor, a Holter, 6 manipulation tables, an electric cardiograph, a centrifuge and a sterilizer.
- Over 150 people were evacuated from Bucha and Irpin.
- 3 electric vehicles for evacuation of people, transportation of medicines and humanitarian aidwere purchased as part of a crowdfunding campaign
- Over 60 people used shelter services, including those from Bucha, Mariupol, Lysychansk, Irpin. Shelters for those fleeing from the war operate in the Rivne and Lviv branches. Currently, 100% Life has launched the route of assistance for people in distress, by involving the network of the regional offices.
- At the online auction held as part of the Venice Biennale, the personal token belonging to the Head of 100% Life was sold for EUR 1,000. The funds will be used for the needs of Ukrainian patients.
“Our organization’s name is 100 Percent Life. It sounds like a criterion, a factor to pursue the maximum. During the war, however, you realize that you can give it 200 percent. You get up in the morning and you give it all your effort again. There’s no heroism in that. It’s all about motivation. A clear motivation, that is, there is no reason why we would stop. The only reason to stop is having achieved a result we were aiming for. No matter how long it takes, no matter how much time and effort it takes, these are acceptable sacrifices. That’s why we can give it 200 percent!”, says Dmytro Sherembey, Head of 100% Life
Read about 100% Life’s activity in the special project of Novoe Vremya
Assist us in helping: https://network.org.ua/donate-ua/