On December 5, a roundtable will be held on “Give My Right to Life Without Violence”
Date: 05 December 2017
Time: From 3.00 p.m. to 4.30 p.m.
Venue: the premises of the National Union of Journalists of Ukraine (27A Khreshchatyk street, Kyiv)
Topic: Give Back My Right to Life without Violence – 2017
CO Positive Women invites you to take part in the round table Give Back My Right to Life without Violence – 2017.
For three years, our organization has joined the international campaign against gender-based violence. This direction of our activities is in line with our strategic goal to strengthen the response to violence against women, including those affected by the HIV epidemic. Global and regional estimates of violence against women and their health implications indicate that this is a significant public health problem. Violence against women is a violation of human rights. According to WHO, nearly a third of all women were subjected to physical and/or sexual violence carried out by their partners and nearly 40 percent of all women’s murders around the world were committed by them.
The Council of Europe Convention on the Prevention and Combating of Violence Against Women and Domestic Violence (the Istanbul Convention), adopted on 11 May, 2011, by the member states of the Council of Europe, became the first legally binding instrument in Europe that regulated the integrated approach to combating violence in relation to women. On November 7, 2011, Ukraine signed the Istanbul Convention. Despite the efforts of society and the civic sector, for 2017, the ratification of the Istanbul Convention has not been adopted.
The social and artistic Reflection installation, aimed at visualizing the motivation of women suffered from violence for action, will be presented during this round table. The women who are victims of violence were involved in the creation of this installation.
Purpose of the event: Involvement of stakeholders in a discussion, a signing of a resolution on the ratification of the Istanbul Convention in 2018 in Ukraine, and discussion of a further joint action plan.
The following guests were invited to participate in the event:
- Anastasia Deeva, Deputy Minister of Internal Affairs of Ukraine
- Anastasia Divinska, Head of UN Women’s Office Ukraine
- Dmytro Sherembey, Chairman of the Coordination Council of the All-Ukrainian Network of People Living with HIV/AIDS
- Ella Lamakh, Chairman of the Board of the Democracy Development Centre, Facilitator
- Iryna Suslova, People’s Deputy of Ukraine
- Lesia Kharchenko, Growth and Development Coordinator of Amnesty International Ukraine
- Maryna Novachuk, Senior Advisor, Joint United Nation Programme on HIV/AIDS in Ukraine (UNAIDS)
- Mykola Povoroznyk, Deputy Head of the Kyiv City State Administration
- Natalia Karbovska, Strategic Development Director of the Ukrainian Women’s Fund
- Natalia Lukyanova, Specialist in HIV and Health, Doctor of Philosophy, United Nations Development Program in Ukraine
- Natalia Nizova, Director of Public Health Centre
- Natalia Tigach, Executive Director of CO Positive Women
- Elena Yeshchenko, PhD in Medical Sciences, Associate Professor
- Olena Strizhak, Chairman of the Board, CO Positive Women
- Olena Shevchenko, Executive Director of NGO Insight
- Olga Rudneva, Executive Director of Olena Pinchuk’s ANTIAIDS Foundation
- Svetlana Moroz, Chairman of the Eurasian Women’s Network on AIDS
- Yulia Dontsova, Coordinator of the Istanbul Convention, Amnesty International Ukraine
Contacts for registration:
mobile tel.: +38 (067) 239-69-36