GLOBAL FUND PROJECT
CO “All-Ukrainian Network of People Living with HIV” is one of the principal recipients of the Global Fund project implemented within the framework of a single consolidated program on HIV and TB for 2015-2017 in Ukraine aimed to reduce HIV/AIDS and TB incidence and mortality with the support of the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria.
The project priority is to support the civil initiative towards the following goals:
- Reducing the incidence of HIV/AIDS among the key affected populations.
- Fostering public support for HIV-positive people and key affected populations.
- Exploring and implementation of the best practices of epidemic response.
- Improving the quality of life of people living with HIV/AIDS by providing psychological, social, advisory, legal assistance and advocacy for the availability of medicines and diagnostics for PLWH in Ukraine.
Project implementation – from 01.01.2015 to 30.06.2017
Project implementation geography – all regions of Ukraine.
Key target groups: HIV-positive adults, HIV-negative representatives of the key affected populations, patients with TB of category 1-3 and prisoners.
Key project results for 01.01.2016:
- 69556 HIV-positive adults who received services on social support of treatment.
- 59889 adult prisoners received prevention services.
- 18295 of patients receive ART at the expense of GF (including 1995 patients in the Penitentiary Service facilities).
Expected results for 30.06.2017:
- 78362 of HIV-positive patients, including prisoners, will receive services on social support of the treatment.
- 65000 of the adult prisoners receive prevention services.
- 26033 patients will receive ART at the GF expense (including 3000 patients in the Penitentiary Service Facilities).