All-Ukrainian Network of PLWH is created and works for HIV-positive people, as well as patients with TB, Hepatitis and representatives of key affected populations.
Our every action and decision are aimed to overcoming of the HIV/AIDS epidemic in Ukraine. The Network works with patients and for patients. We represent the interests of PLWH in 25 regions of Ukraine and are struggling to ensure that 100% of patients with HIV have 100% access to treatment.
Nowadays efficient generic versions of the new generation ART medications are accessible in Ukraine. Antiretroviral therapy is available and is absolutely free for all PLWH.
In the 21-st century, HIV is no longer a verdict. A HIV-positive person taking antiretroviral therapy can live 100% full life:
- Have a family and healthy children;
- Work and be socially active;
- Have a life expectancy equal to the life expectancy of people without HIV;
- The Network is a reliable civil society partner of the government in overcoming HIV/AIDS epidemics, TB and Hepatitis in Ukraine;
- Our priority is the achievement of UNAIDS 90-90-90 global goals in Ukraine, through the following actions:
- 100% coverage of all PLWH by antiretroviral therapy
- Advocacy efforts to increase access to ARVs in Ukraine
- Development of programs for the diagnosis and treatment of HIV infection to ensure meeting the needs of each city to the maximum extent.
- Expanding HIV prevention programs.
- Development of a model of successful interaction between the state and public sectors for the sustainable solving social problems;
- Reforming the healthcare system and introducing innovative models and approaches in the provision of medical and social services
- Development of “100% of life” network of medical centers.
- Fostering tolerant attitude of society towards the rights of people with specific needs, first of all PLWH.